11/23/10

Mistiest thoughts


The breath of the land

One morning in the 70s. 
My dad is driving. Umbria country side.I am looking out of the car window, wiping off the condensation,and then...
I noticed the land breathing.
Yes, I think about it like a never taken black and white picture.
The fog, the smoking dark ploughed land, a cherry tree with no leaves left, the swivel road. 
And a couple of people, one on a tractor, just silhouettes on the greyish white background. 
We were going back to Rome early in the morning, after a weekend in our country house. 
I just wanted to capture that moment forever in my mind.
Another memory about fog... 
walking around Venice and looking at the "calli". 
Foto di Pino Usicco


It was december,the day after Christmas, and the fog was all over the place.
I was a little scared and fascinated at the same time.
At the time I did not own a camera.
I was playing around sometime with my dad's Icarex, a reflex with the best Zeiss lenses.
Now I live in a place where I can often see foggy moments.
Like a river down in the valley the fog moves slowly at sunrise,and comes back at night all the way up to our windows.
Sometime I go out and walk, to get rid of boundaries, without beeing afraid to walk where I can't see clearly.
Just breath and use your senses to find your balance and look from a different perspective what's surrounding you, especially when you think your vision is limited.
Take your camera with you.You will see a lot of magical things.

The poem
San Martino, another memory from school time. 

A song

Walking outside during a foggy morning....
....you could feel like a ....Wanderer above the Sea of Fog
 
"Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer",Caspar David Friedrich,1818







You could stand like a strong oak tree in front of the fog...

Oak Tree, Sunset City, California, 1932. Ansel Adams




You could paint an impression...

Branch of the Seine near Giverny (Mist), from the series "Mornings on the Seine", 1897,Monet


and when you get back home you could...
                                       ....visit Etsy because..


you could take a class...
She is often able to enjoy the ocean fog in front of her house and she definetely knows how to see over the fog, she also manages the Art of living chearfully...she is just Madelyn




Find her at www.persistingstars.com and 


...you need to see with your mind, with your heart, with your soul..

and also with your...
    ...mystic eyes


As it says,
"This stunning azure evokes the delicacy of a foggy mist, the softness of rain, and the sensuality of warm winds." by Orglamix
  
...and try to catch the fog and bring it around with you..see what happens...beauty!
A necklace by Tubbytubby



..or why don't you write a letter.... 
When you gave up to find a real letter or postcard in your mailbox during the foggy days..why don't you start yourself and send a precious letter to your friends. A little poem, a funny phrase. Maybe they will return the lovely gift ,maybe not, for sure you will feel good. Write it in a bright orange ink, make it stands out of the fog!

Hello Seaside (Stationery Set) by Dombot

 

And at last some of my foggy morning moments....


Out of my studio window

Calcata 2010

1 comment:

  1. hi, where have you been? You were doing so well!!

    please note that I have moved my blog to a new location.

    You should now follow me on

    www.mosaicology.blogspot.

    ReplyDelete